The U8 Deluxe was the first (the prototype was completed in June 2008) instrument. It is the conglomerate of my long experience with tapping instruments, my knowledge about the playing technique, and Ed Reynolds’ expertise as a guitar designer.
Its elaborate ergonomic shaping, state-of-the-art electronics, 5-point bolt-on neck construction, and endless range of sounds is unmatched at the moment. As with all high-end tools the details make all the difference.
The mahogany (bodies and necks) and ebony (fretboards) we use is FSC certified, and we have the plan to switch to local European woods in the long term. Each instrument is being hand-built with the person in mind that is going to be playing it.
- – Sperzel Locking Tuners
- – 8 strings
- – ABM Custom Bridge with string through body system
- – Ebony Fretboard
- – Solid Mahagony Body
- – Mahogany Neck
- – Natural Clear or Sunburst Finish *
- – Jim Dunlop Straplock System
- – Active Richter Engineering Custom with 3-band EQ with parametrical Mids
- – 2x Delano SBC Series Pickup
- – Controls: volume, pickup blend, mid frequency, Treble, Mid, Bass
- – 34″ (86 cm) scale length
- – Bb F C G D A C D (any tuning is possible)
- – Handmade in Austria/Germany
- – Damping system on 1st fret; extremely well balanced (stays in all positions) Custom shaping for leg and belly to improve comfortability
* All colors and finishes will be chosen according to prior agreement with the customer.