The AU8 is the first semi-acoustic 8-string Touch Guitar model. Built to similar dimensions to those of the U8 Deluxe, it’s a completely handmade hollow-body guitar with one magnetic pickup, supplemented by eight piezo pickups. An active electronics setup allows for the volume of each individual string to be adjusted; and there are two onboard 2-band EQ controls (one for the piezo pickup system and one for the magnetic pickup).
This arrangement gives the AU8 the most dynamic sound potential of all the Touch Guitars®, centred around a very full acoustic sound which is unique in the touch-style instrument world (and allowing extensive tonal and sonic adjustment prior to amplifier/pedalboard processing).
As with all Touch Guitars®, construction and finishing options (from the different wood types used through to custom paint and varnish) are discussed with and chosen by the customer, as part of the custom-creation process. An additional option available on the AU8 is the choice of a distinct wood for the instrument’s top. All woods are specifically sourced from local central European woodlands.
- 34″ (86 cm) scale length (smaller and lighter than a regular bass guitar, similar feel and heft to a baritone guitar) – multiscale available with additional charge
- Extremely well balanced (stays stable in all playing positions)
- Body: semi-hollow, made from FSC-certified wood (default wood options: mahogany, cherry, swamp ash, maple or ash – other options available on request)
- Neck: FSC-certified wood with five-point bolt-on construction, plus two graphite rod inserts to enhance stability (default wood options: 3-piece maple, mahogany or korina – other options available on request)
- Fretboard and headstock overlay: FSC-certified wood (default wood options: ebony, walnut, maple or plumwood – other options available on request)
- Top: FSC-certified wood (default wood options: spruce, maple, walnut or cherry – other options available on request)
- 8 strings with default tuning of Bb F C G D A C D (although any tuning is possible)
- Touch Guitars® Locking Tuners
- Custom Bridge with separate Piezo Pickup for each string, plus custom tailpiece
- Jim Dunlop Straplock System
- Damping system on 1st fret (can also be removed easily if necessary)
- Pickups: 1 x Cycfi Spectra 8 with tone block; 8 x Custom Graph Tech Piezo Pickups (Multichannel requires additional charge)
- Active Richter Engineering Custom Electronics
- Controls: main volume, pickup blend, 2-band EQ for magnetic pickups, 2-band EQ for piezo pickups, individual volume controls for each string via trimpots in electronics housing
- Custom shaping at contact points with player’s leg and abdomen, to improve comfort
- String spacing: 10,5 mm
- Finish: default natural clear finish (with any other paint and varnish option available via individual arrangement with customer)
- Handmade in Austria/Germany
6900 EUR (excluding German VAT)
Through this way you will receive official news related to Touch Guitars, the Touch Guitar Circle and its members.
We will send out a newsletter every two to three months.